[Users] New user of Claws-Mail -- some questions on features

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Wed Mar 20 17:36:21 CET 2013

On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 12:23:33 -0400
Gil Weber <gilweber at bellsouth.net> wrote:

Hello Gil,

>I also have not found a searchable archive of prior discussions so I
>was not able to see if my issues have been asked before. Sorry....

The list archive can be accessed from;
http://lists.claws-mail.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/users, where you
can also log in and set various mail delivery options.

>1) Is there a way when addressing an outbound e-mail to display a list
>of recently used entries (maybe the last 10) and then I can select
>from among those for auto-completion?

There's no recent history of used addresses, but if all the addressees
are in your address book.....

>2) Is there a way when addressing an e-mail to type a name or
>just the first few letters of a name and Claws-Mail will display all
>the possible entries in my address book? Then I could select one for
>auto-completion.

....you can use the <tab> key to get a list of people that fit the
criteria.

>But is there a way I can view e-mails sent to me in html format? I have

Use of the "Fancy" plugin will allow you to see HTML mails in their
prettified form.

--
 Regards  _
You're not so safe in the safety of your room