[Users] I need help with my mail client [Was: running cron on UTC]

JB yochanon at lavabit.com
Fri Mar 1 16:44:06 CET 2013

On Fri, 1 Mar 2013 12:44:16 +0000
Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Mar 2013 06:21:17 -0600
> JB wrote:
>
> > > Personally, I believe ALL list replies should go directly to the
> > > list and not to an individual unless the individual has specifically
> > > requested such action.
> >
> >   The voice of reason and common sense. +1
>
> If you accidentally send something you didn't intend to be public, the
> principle of least harm says that it's best _not_ to reply to the
> list by default...

  And the key word there is 'accident'. Otherwise, to the list only. If I get
  e-mails  to me *and* the list, *without* my permission, it tends to make me want
  to killfile the moron who can't seem to get it through their head that I can read
  the list and don't have to have it twice! It's the same as spam if they feel they
  have to send it to a persons personal e-mail account, after all, what if that
  person is using some M$ crapware and is infected? Guess what, now *MY* e-mail
  address is out in the wild for spammers to abuse and *I* have to go through the
  trouble of fixing it. *That's* a principle of even *less* harm.

--
Man is a religious animal. He is the only religious animal. He is the only
animal that has the True Religion -- several of them.  -Mark Twain