[Users] claws usability with non-warp connections

Leon Fisk lfisk at iserv.net
Tue Jun 18 21:26:33 CEST 2013

On Tue, 18 Jun 2013 14:01:04 +0200
kardan <kardan at riseup.net> wrote:

<snip>
>I never used rules so far and see no direct benefit for me yet. I'm
>curious which clever rules others are using.

"Filters" only work (to my knowledge) on your "Inbox". So if you don't
route everything through the Inbox they won't work. On the other hand
all folders can have their own set of "Processing Rules", which do
pretty much the same thing as Filters. I have several folders set up
to be used with Usenet. These folders then have their own Processing
rules to deal with bozo's, delete older postings, color certain posters
messages...

They can be setup to be applied when entering the folder, leaving
the folder or just manually when you want them executed.

--
Leon
Claws 3.9.2, Ubuntu Karmic-Lucid