[Users] Ubuntu 13.04 and systray?

Marcel van der Boom marcel at hsdev.com
Sat Jun 8 09:47:01 CEST 2013

On za 08-jun-2013 01:40
Holger Berndt <berndth at gmx.de> wrote:

> On Fr, 07.06.2013 13:04, Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
>
>>I have enabled the Notification plugin and enabled sys tray
>>icon but I don't get any icon in my systray.. Is this because
>>it does not work with Unity or?
>
> I think unity does not show all tray icons by default, but only
> selected ones. You'll have to ask the Unity folks about that.

What I did to get a tray icons for some of my applications, including
claws mail, was basically follow the instructions here:

http://www.webupd8.org/2013/05/how-to-get-systray-whitelist-back-in.html

This enables a feature where you can whitelist window classes to have
access to the systray.

HTH,
marcel
--