[Users] Idea - Could we "delay" signature checking on an email ?

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Jul 29 23:26:50 CEST 2013

On Monday 29 July 2013 17:21:13 Michael Rasmussen did opine:

> On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 12:34:12 -0400
>
> Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> > This thread has been helpful, but now I am getting messages that the
> > key's validity is unknown, so I am obviously still missing something.
> >
> > Any more clues to share please?
>
> If the key which is used to sign the message is not uploaded to any key
> servers you have no way of proofing if it is valid. This is what the
> error message is all about.
This message I would assume has a valid key.  But the message kmail is
giving me says:

Message was signed by michael at rasmussen.cc (Key ID: 0x544AD855E3E80917).
The signature is valid, but the key's validity is unknown.

I don't interpret that as being quite the same as the key never having been
uploaded. I would assume that if the key was valid, it has been pulled from
the keyserver, but it is questioning the validity of the keyserver's rights
to supply me that key.

??

Thanks Michael.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My views
Windows is just another pane in the glass.
         law-abiding citizens.