[Users] Idea - Could we "delay" signature checking on an email ?

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Thu Jul 25 14:01:01 CEST 2013

On Wed, 24 Jul 2013 11:28:15 +0200, Paul Rolland (ポール・ロラン)
<rol at witbe.net> wrote:

Hi,

> > Yes, the thread is only to allow cancellation, maybe that could be
> > improved, but i'm not sure. There were architectural issues, if I
> > remember correctly.
>
> Thanks for the confirmation Colin.
> Yes, you're right, there are architectural issues to be addressed to
> have that fully threaded... I'll try to dig a little bit more in the
> code to see if I can understand all its subtleties ;)

So, the architectural issues were that the preference was implemented
in privacy plugins by checking signature when the core asked for
signature status or information. ("Unchecked" being a correct status,
so checking signature should only be done when the core requested to do
it).

I've just commited a fix that makes this go away and instead
explicitely request a signature check from the core after the message
is displayed.

HTH!
--
Colin