[Users] Printing html messages

Gil Weber gilweber at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 8 00:51:53 CEST 2013

On Sun, 7 Jul 2013 18:13:12 -0400
Dan Arico <dan_arico at aricosystems.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Jul 2013 22:32:00 +0100
> Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 5 Jul 2013 22:53:33 -0400
> > Dan Arico <dan_arico at aricosystems.com> wrote:
> >
> > > First, you need the fancy plugin. Display the message and then
> > > left-click on the icon in the left hand column that activates
> > > fancy. You'll get a drop down menu. Pick Save As. Name your
> > > output file so you can find it.
> > >
> > > Now open the file with the browser of your choice (outside of
> > > claws). It will be displayed in the browser. Now print from the
> > > browser.
> >
> > Why do you do the saving the file and opening with the browser? I
> > just print html direct from Claws.
> >
> > with regards
> >
> > Paul
>
> What operating system? That doesn't work here - Suse Linux 12.2 and
> 12.3.
>
> Dan

Dan, perhaps I'm not understanding your problem, and forgive me if
I'm replying with completely useless information. But I use SuSE 12.2
and have no problems printing html messages from ClawsMail.

Are you saying that if you receive an html message (let's say an
advertisement) you can print that message as html code
(essentially unreadable nonsense), but you cannot print the message
displaying the graphics, colors, and all other visuals that the html
code describes?

If that's the problem here are my settings for Fancy:

Configurations>Preferences>Fancy

Enable loading of remote content
Display images
Execute Javascript
Execute Java Applets
Render objects using plugins
When clicking on a link, by default: open in external browser

If you're already doing all of that then I'm sorry I cannot be of
help to a fellow SuSE 12.2 user (but like Winnie the Pooh I am a bear of
very little brain).   :o)

Gil