[Users] How to colour incoming messages?

kardan kardan at riseup.net
Sat Jul 6 17:36:09 CEST 2013

On Sat, 6 Jul 2013 23:39:28 +1000
Adam Nielsen <a.nielsen at shikadi.net> wrote:

> The rules move mail I have *read* into specific archive folders.  So I
> want all the rules enabled, but I don't want them to run until after I
> have read the message and I want it moved out of my inbox.
>
> Is there another way to achieve this without using filters?

Basically what you want is that your rules only apply to read mails.

So you could add this to the rules manually
(Criteria->Flag->unread->not set) which could be painful depending on
your ruleset. I would use some hacky script like
$ cat .claws-mail/matcherrc|perl -e \
  "while(<STDIN>){s/move/~unread move/;print}"

Of course it is wise to check if this should really apply to all your
rules before. If you like your output, put it into .claws-mail/matcherrc

Without checking, just do
  sed -i.bck "s/move/~unread move/" .claws-mail/matcherrc

Note: claws creates backups of the filters in matcherrc.bak. Yours
will be in matcherrc.bck then.

HTH,
Kardan