[Users] Key bindings

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Tue Jan 29 01:48:29 CET 2013

On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 18:16:30 -0500
Robert <mlists at zoominternet.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 11:02:02 +0100
> Ricardo Mones <ricardo at mones.org> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 10:02:00PM -0500, Robert wrote:

> > > No one knows how I can make this happen?
> >
> >   From claws-mail manpage:
> >
> > $HOME/.claws-mail/menurc
> > 	Menu shortcut-key configuration
>

> Please forgive my ignorance, but I am not finding any man pages or
> the shortcut-key in menurc that you have stated above. Could you give
> a bit more information on the topic?  Thanks.
>

> --
> Regards
> Robert
>
> Linux
> The adventure of a lifetime.
>
> Linux User #296285
> Get Counted
> http://linuxcounter.net/

The short-cut keys in menurc only re used if the semi-colon at the
beginning of the line is removed and (at least in CM 3.90) it is paired
with the <alt> key as shown below.

; (gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/Menu/View/Encoding/Japanese/Shift_JIS" "")
; (gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/Menu/View/Goto/PrevHistory" "<Alt>Left")
; (gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/Menu/View/ShowHide/Toolbar/IconOnly" "")

The above appears around line 120 in the menurc file.  Otherwise I
believe the key bindings are hard-coded into the main CM file.

Tom

--
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort.