[Users] Problem compiling plugins

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Fri Jan 25 22:03:17 CET 2013

In Claws-Mail 3.9.0 I am having error messages when running "configure"
on any of the downloaded plugins that came from the CM download site.

The error says:  No package 'claws-mail' found

The CM executable is in the normal place, "/usr/bin/claws-mail".  The
support & configuration files are located in "/common/.claws-Mail"
with a symlink from my "/home/tom" directory pointing to them.

I have tried changing the "PKG_CONFIG_PATH" to contain both of the
above locations but it hasn't made any difference.  I also tried
compiling as ROOT user with the same symlink but that didn't work
either.

CM was installed to it's default locations and the .claws-mail folder
was then moved to /common/.claws-mail and the symlink created.  I do
this so I can use CM with different distros using the same data for all
of them (also ensuring they are all using the same versions).

I would appreciate any advice/instructions about how to get the
compilation process to work without throwing errors.

Thanks, Tom

--
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort.