[Users] Keeping CM online

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Fri Jan 25 10:29:19 CET 2013

On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 09:22:05 +0000
Cliff Laine <lainecliff at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've just installed CM 3.8.1 on Linux Mint and it seems to keep
> going offline every few minutes. I've been through Preferences and
> I can't see where you can tell CM to stay permanently online. Could
> anyone point me in the right direction?

Your Claws Mail is built with Network Manager support. It will be
Network Manager that keeps telling Claws that it is offline/online.

To get rid of the Network Manager annoyance, quit Claws then open
~/.claws-mail/clawsrc in a text editor and set the option
'use_networkmanager' to 0.

with regards

Paul

--
It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me,
but to a collector it is worth a fortune