[Users] sent account not corrosponding to current mailbox

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sun Jan 20 14:53:20 CET 2013

On Sun, 20 Jan 2013 14:49:10 +0100
Michael Gmelin <freebsd at grem.de> wrote:

> This doesn't really solve his "compose mail" problem, does it? Would
> setting "Default Account" in right click folder -> Properties ->
> Compose, like Brad suggested, solve this for him?

Yes, it does, or at least it should - it's been 'solving' it for me
for years, as I said.

> As far as I understand he's using three POP accounts that deliver to
> three different mailboxes locally, so he could set the default
> account property on each of those folders to the corresponding POP
> account.

If the user wants to use a different MH mailbox for each POP account
he can, and the automatic account selection options should be all
that's needed. He could also set a default account for each folder in
the mailbox too, of course.

with regards

Paul

--
It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me,
but to a collector it is worth a fortune