[Users] vCalendar plug-in and SSL?

James Seymour jseymour at LinxNet.com
Fri Feb 15 19:56:44 CET 2013

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 18:31:26 +0000
Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 12:51:56 -0500
> Jim Seymour wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 17:20:45 +0000
> > Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:

> > > http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7693990/webcal-format-export-to-google-calendar-ical
> > >

> > Thanks, but not seeing anything there, or in anything linked from
> > it, to answer my question.
>
> Well the links in the Answer section I thought would help. Seems to be
> pointers to an RFC, wikipedia and other example information. I didn't
> have time to go and look at it myself, was just trying to be helpful.

And, as I said: I appreciate the reply, but I wasn't able to identify
anything helpful there.  (Well, short of reading the [typically]
impenetrable RFC, which I'm not going to do.)

Apparently the format of a URL is meant to be something like the "what
is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow" question: If you don't
know the answer, you're not worthy of crossing the bridge.

It looks to me like vCalendar isn't ready for prime time.  Given
Colin's previous answer: It doesn't appear it will be anytime soon.
I'm not going to worry about it further.

Thanks to those who tried to help.

Regards,
Jim

filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is