[Users] Firefox and Claws Mail

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Wed Feb 13 04:24:32 CET 2013

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 09:38:20 +0100
wwp <subscript at free.fr> wrote:

wwp> Make sure you're doing an `export TMPDIR=/var/tmp` in your
wwp> env. prior to start Claws Mail.

wwp> I don't know yet why firefox makes this when it invokes Claws Mail
wwp> but it locates its control socket dir to /var/tmp, whereas we do it
wwp> by default to /tmp, thus both instances cannot communicate and
wwp> you'll end up w/ two instances (no more).

I suggest this is in fact a buglet in Claws.

The directory for the "pidfile" (or socket) should not be affected by
the TMPDIR environment variable.  It should be configured at compile
time, with the possibility of overriding with a command line option.
That way calling Claws from other programs like Firefox will always
work.

--
Ian Zimmerman
gpg public key: 1024D/C6FF61AD