[Users] Unable to send via port 587

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Fri Feb 8 20:49:45 CET 2013

System Information
GTK+ 2.24.6 / GLib 2.28.8
Locale: C (charset: US-ASCII)
Operating System: FreeBSD 8.3-STABLE (amd64)

claws-Mail version 3.9.0

I just updated claws mail to the this version. It had worked fine prior
to this. However, it appears that I now cannot send via port 587 to a
Postfix MTA. This is the error message from the maillog:

warning: TLS library problem: 7161:error:1408F119:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:decryption failed or bad record mac:s3_pkt.c:482:

I can send via port 25 though. Other mail clients are not experiencing
this phenomenon.

Claws will hang at the "send" window. If I hit the cancel button, claws
will crash after a few seconds. Prior to this update, all was working
fine.

I have OpenSSL installed:
$ openssl version
OpenSSL 1.0.1d 5 Feb 2013

I don't know if that matters or not.

I have not reported this as a bug as yet since I am not exactly sure if
it is claws-mail's fault.

--
Jerry ♔