[Users] Message-ID

Rich Pieri richard.pieri at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 01:11:46 CET 2013

On Mon, 4 Feb 2013 00:34:09 +0100
Holger Berndt <berndth at gmx.de> wrote:

> That's all nice and all, but if you hadn't stripped the quote you'd
> have realized that I questioned something entirely different: The
> validity of multiple message-id fields in a single message. And
> indeed, the spec makes it quite obvious that this was a wrong claim.

No, I answered the point directly. RFC 2822 does not require a single
properly formatted message-id string in the Message-ID header. There is
no MUST in the specification. Therefore strict compliance is optional.
You can put anything you want in the field including multiple ID
strings.

Yes, this blatantly violates the spirit of section 3.6.4. It does not
violate the letter of that section. My statement stands.

Setting reply-to if you care to discuss it further off list.

--
Rich P.