[Users] Claws's too intelligent for me... or am I too stupid ?

Paul Rolland (=?UTF-8?B?44Od44O844Or44O744Ot44Op44Oz?=) rol at witbe.net
Sat Feb 2 18:21:00 CET 2013

Hello,

I've been using Claws for quite a long time, and I've accumulated many many
mails over years, which are organized in "Archives" folder, one per year.
So, I have a "Archive xxxx" for every year since 2003, and every year, I
create a new one.

Combine to that, I've created a set of processing rules on mails folders to
move the mails to the "Archives" when it is more than one month old, to
avoid having too many mails in my inboxes.

So, I have some :

age_greater 32
move "#mh/Mailbox/Dossier archives/Archives/Boite de reception"

and every year, I rename "Archives" to "Archives 2012", and I create a new
"Archives" for the coming year.

But claws does detect that I rename a folder used by processing rules...
And it then does update my processing rules, which ends up being :

age_greater 32
move "#mh/Mailbox/Dossier archives/Archives 2012/Boite de reception"

and I end up re-editing all my processing rules...

I'm not asking for that clever behavior to change... but has anyone faced
that and how was it "solved/worked-around" ?
Is there a way to use some magic "%Y" to have for example :

age_greater 32
move "#mh/Mailbox/Dossier archives/Archives %Y/Boite de reception"

and have %Y automagically evaluated to the current year ?

Best,
Paul