[Users] How do I view (linux) Claws-Mail generated mail boxes in Claws-Mail for MS Windows?

Charles A Edwards CAE at eslrahc.com
Tue Aug 27 01:37:24 CEST 2013

On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 12:08:39 -0400
CW wrote:

> Where specifically do I need to copy each mailbox to my Win system
> (Win 7)? I tried copying the mailboxes to my home directory. Using
> "File/Add mailbox" in claws merely adds new mailboxes in the folder
> section. I tried "File/Import mailbox file" and, after entering
> mbox file (inbox from my copied account files) and destination folder
> (inbox of newly created account within claws), I get the error message
> "Mbox import has failed". (The mailboxes I added work just fine within
> my linux system). Am I doing something wrong here?

The default location in Windows 7 is
C:\Users\<Name>\AppData\Roaming\Mail

AppData is a hidden folder, if not already done you will
need to change the file attributes in Windows 7  so that hidden
files/folders are visible.

To test I just 'made-up' a Mail2 folder and added it to Claws.
The full tree as well the included emails now are present in Claws
as "Mail2(MH)"

It will work just as well from any other location But you Must include
the full path when you add the mailbox.

    Charles

p.s. I get list mail so there is no need to CC me

--
Windows 8 for x86_64
On BlackKnight....http://www.eslrahc.com

No infections found in this outgoing message
Scanned by iolo System Shield
http://www.iolo.com