[Users] Patches for 3.9.2 [Was:Re: Claws 3.9.2 - two _really_ annoying issues...]

Paul Rolland (=?UTF-8?B?44Od44O844Or44O744Ot44Op44Oz?=) rol at witbe.net
Sun Aug 11 22:07:09 CEST 2013

Hello,

On Sun, 11 Aug 2013 12:37:17 +0200
Paul Rolland (ポール・ロラン) <rol at witbe.net> wrote:

> > > My impression: The session pointer for the receive task is overwritten
> > > by the send task. As you see below pop3_session_new does not check if
> > > there are running sessions, nor is the session stored account
> > > specific.
>
> Here is a network log that I managed to get. It clearly shows that two
> sessions are running concurrently on the same account !

OK, it turns out that we have two problems in Claws :
 - POP3 sessions can execute simultaneously on the same account,
 - processing folder is shared among all the accounts.

So, I've prepared and tested two patches.
First one is only addressing problem #1 and is using a new flag in the
PrefAccounts to make sure that a POP3 session cannot be running
simultaneously (though not preventing two sessions on different accounts to
run).

The second patch is addressing problems 1 and 2, and is adding a
per-account processing folder, using a "processing-<account_id> naming.

I've tested these, and so far, they seem to fix my problems.

Any comment welcome, I must say that I give up trying to understand if
inc_lock_count (in inc.c) could be used.

Best,
Paul