[Users] Template for HTML

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Thu Aug 8 20:08:30 CEST 2013

On Thu, 8 Aug 2013 10:15:31 -0700
sylpheed at 911networks.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to send one email per month, to 3 people, as an HTML email
> with a photo and some text around it.
>
> Does somebody has a template or a framework, so I can send it through
> claws?

Hi sylpheed,

If your computer or your LAN already has a mail server, then the usual
way is to SMTP the email to the mail server using the mail executable.
If you have no mail server available, the usual way is something like
nullmailer (http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/nullmailer/). In my
opinion, Claws would be the wrong tool for this task.

That leaves templating. Here's how I do that...

http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/presentations/golug_yaml_python/

Note the license in COPYING. It's perfectly legal for you to copy the
code and use it any way you want, as long as you leave the license in
the derivative works.

Thanks,

SteveT