[Users] Building using git
bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Thu Aug 8 19:02:09 CEST 2013
On Thu, 8 Aug 2013 18:24:05 +0200
Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Aug 2013 16:43:49 +0100
> Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:
> > I assume that I haven't done all the needed steps, but is there
> > something missing between the git pull --all and the ./autogen.sh
> > commands?
> You could try this approach:
> ./autogen.sh --enable-maintainer-mode
> make maintainer-clean
> ./autogen.sh .....
OK, well when I do that I end up with version.h with no version
strings, like this:
[bdm at peterson claws]$ more src/common/version.h
* Sylpheed -- a GTK+ based, lightweight, and fast e-mail client
* Copyright (C) 1999-2012 Hiroyuki Yamamoto and the Claws Mail team
* This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
* it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
* the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or
* (at your option) any later version.
* This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
* but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
* GNU General Public License for more details.
* You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
* along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
#define MAKE_NUMERIC_VERSION(a, b, c, d) ((((guint32)a) << 24) |
(((guint32)b) << 16) | \ (((guint32)c) << 8) | ((guint32)d) )
#define PACKAGE "claws-mail"
#define PACKAGE_FRIENDLY "Claws Mail"
#define VERSION ".."
#define RELEASE_VERSION ".."
#define PROG_VERSION PACKAGE_FRIENDLY" "VERSION_GIT_FULL
#define PROG_VERSION_FRIENDLY PROG_VERSION
#define PROG_VERSION_FRIENDLY PACKAGE_FRIENDLY" "RELEASE_VERSION
#define VERSION_NUMERIC MAKE_NUMERIC_VERSION(, , \
#define VERSION_GIT_FULL ""
#endif /* __VERSION_H__ */
I've never used git before, so clearly there's something missing that I
have not yet learned about.
More information about the Users