[Users] Building using git
bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Thu Aug 8 17:43:49 CEST 2013
I've decided to resurrect my build-from-<vcs_tool> approach and
obviously that now means that I need to use git.
I've run autogen.sh and tarred up the resulting directory, then tried
to do my usual rpmbuild, however it seems that the src/common/version.h
file is not populated with the correct version string (it has 184.108.40.206
whereas I am expecting it to be 220.127.116.11 according to the number of
commits since I built git71 a few days ago.
I assume that I haven't done all the needed steps, but is there
something missing between the git pull --all and the ./autogen.sh
I'd been using the snapshots up until now, the update mechanism seems
to have stopped during the last few days.
More information about the Users