[Users] Color schemes

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Aug 7 07:38:47 CEST 2013

On Tue, 6 Aug 2013 22:29:05 +0200
Sébastien <ml at terranean.eu> dijo:

>Le 2013-08-06 à 12:44, John Jason Jordan a écrit:
>> desktop. All is well, except when a message is highlighted in the
>> Inbox, or when a mailbox is highlighted, the background changes from
>> white to dark blue. The text is black, Black text on a dark blue
>> background is impossible to read.
>
>These colours are managed by the GTK+ theme, not by Claws Mail.
>You can use the same theme from before to restore the original look
>you are used to, or you can edit the current theme's gtkrc file to make
>the text readable (you might need to restart Claws after changing or
>editing the theme to see the changes on the folders/messages list).

Bear in mind that I am running Mint 14 Xfce, not Gnome or KDE.

In the Settings utility I found the GTK themes, a couple dozen of them,
but regardless of which one I choose selected text remains black on a
dark blue background. I am using Clearlooks, which I have used on other
computers and I never had this problem with Claws Mail.

Selected text does not become black on a dark blue background in any
other app.

Are you sure the problem is in the GTK themes?