[Users] Where is the Perl plugin documented?

Steven Lembark lembark at wrkhors.com
Tue Aug 6 21:13:20 CEST 2013

> There's a POD file in the source distribution.

Thankfully I use Gentoo -- and have source.

 - If you have experiences with IMAP or newsgroup accounts, drop me a
   message.

OK, here is a message... I'll be happy to document anything we can
find here that makes the plugin work with imap.

I would using this with courier IMAP + maildirs, replacing procmail.

The existing rules dispatch into locations like ".mail/Spam/".
Looking at the POD, you are using mh? Does the existing module
understand the maildir notation or am I better off use-ing
Email::Filter for the final delivery?

I was in the middle of writing my own tool to replace procmail
when v5.18 changed the way code blocks are handled in regexen,
which broke parts of Regexp::Grammars, which would've required
re-writing the mail rule parser from scratch.

The existing code parses rules into arrayref's of header:regex
pairs that are executed List::Util::first. Nice thing about the
structure is simple handling of nested rules.

In any case, whatever advice you can give me for dealing with
IMAP would be appreciated.

danke schoen

--
Steven Lembark                                             3646 Flora Pl
Workhorse Computing                                   St Louis, MO 63110