[Users] Reading encrypted attachments

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Thu Apr 18 17:51:14 CEST 2013

On Thu, 18 Apr 2013 16:21:14 +0100
Keith Edmunds <kae at midnighthax.com> wrote:

> How do others handle reading encrypted attachments (on Linux)?
>
> I have GnuPG working for the body of mails, but attachments show up
> as, eg, 'filename.pdf.pgp'. I can save them and decrypt them, but
> can this be done directly within Claws?
>
> I'm not a wizard with GPG, so apologies if this is a bit of newbie
> question.

Normally you would just use the PGP/MIME plugin, and the attachments
would be decrypted in Claws and displayed in Claws. However, your
recipient's mail client does not appear to support PGP/MIME, or your
recipient has not configured their mail client correctly.

You could probably configure an Action to handle attachments like
that, but it would depend on the file format of the decrypted
attachment.

with regards

Paul

--
It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me,
but to a collector it is worth a fortune