[Users] [Bug 2910] New: moved or deleted mails occur in program again but mbox-file itself shows correct mails

noreply at thewildbeast.co.uk noreply at thewildbeast.co.uk
Wed Apr 17 12:03:34 CEST 2013


            Bug ID: 2910
           Summary: moved or deleted mails occur in program again but
                    mbox-file itself shows correct mails
    Classification: Unclassified
           Product: Claws Mail
           Version: 3.9.0
          Hardware: PC
                OS: Linux
            Status: NEW
          Severity: critical
          Priority: P3
         Component: Plugins/mailMBOX
          Assignee: users at lists.claws-mail.org
          Reporter: sascci00 at web.de

Created attachment 1254
Entry of Mail-List and noncorresponding mail-headers which are content of the


I changed to Claws Mail a few days ago from Thunderbird and I have the
mbox-Plugin active to be able to import all my old mails to Claws.
The import worked fine.
I use the filtering of Claws and also I am filtering manually by moving mails
from one to another folder or by deleting them.

Now the problem:

Account A, Inbox it contained about 30 Mails, 20 are left after filtering and
deleting of 10 Mails.
When I now receive a new mail in Account A it could happen that I only see the
former mail again, but only in the preview-window (and if I open the mail), the
Listing of the mails shows the received from and subject.
If I change to the mbox-file itself, I can see and read the original received
mail (if it is plaintext enough).
Also the filtering will do wrong if I activate it on that folder but I can't
tell where the mail will be moved to I have not found it out jet.

Is it possible to make a new button or menue-entry to reinitiate the mbox when
that error occures?

I also can tell that that Problem did not occure once, I have hat it sometimes
jet and in different Accounts and folders.

It also happend to the "confirm account"-mail. I checked the mbox with a normal
editor and took the link of to be able to create the account and to be able to
post this bug.
I have a screenshot added from the "confirm account"-mail.

First I hat the suspicion that it only happens, when the mbox-file was imported
and afterwards the filtering was done and that mails will occure again. But
then I created a new Inbox for one of my accounts and the same error occured
also, so it is not (only) a problem of imported mbox-files.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.

More information about the Users mailing list