[Users] Can't write file

Hugh H. kshcygsrch at snkmail.com
Wed Apr 10 03:38:33 CEST 2013

Thanks, Pierre.  Since I wrote, I had realized that and checked it as well.

I have solved my problem.  It turns out to have an ownership problem,
just not in any of the mail directories.  A number of files/directories
in $HOME/.claws-mail/ were owned by root rather than by me.  After I
changed ownership back to me, everything worked fine.

The origin of the problem is the persistence of mintbackup (v 2.0.7) in
trying to restore backed-up files to root rather than the actual owner.
It took me two tries to get mintbackup to restore my files to my user and
I guess I missed some items.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to helping me solve this problem.

Hugh

At or about 18:53 on Tue, 09 Apr 2013 "Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> is
alleged to have written: