[Users] Can't write file

Hugh H. kshcygsrch at snkmail.com
Tue Apr 9 21:44:32 CEST 2013

For some reason, I thought I had posted the results of tests I had run on
permissions, users, groups, uids and gids, but obviously those results
didn't make it to the list.  So here they are again:

> hugh at PBL20:~$ find <list of claws-mail directories> \
> \( -type f ! -perm 0644 -o -type d ! -perm 0755 \) -exec ls -lAF {} \;
> hugh at PBL20:~$ find <list of claws-mail directories> \
> \( ! -user hugh -o ! -group hugh \) -exec ls -lAF {} \;
> hugh at PBL20:~$ find <list of claws-mail directories> \
> \( ! -uid 1000 -o ! -gid 1000 \) -exec ls -lAF {} \;
> hugh at PBL20:~$

This tells me that none of these things are the problem.

Hugh

At or about 13:57 on Sat, 06 Apr 2013 "Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> is
alleged to have written: