[Users] cannot send mail with McAfee 8.8 installed

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Mon Apr 8 13:33:59 CEST 2013

On Mon, 8 Apr 2013 13:41:59 +0900
Георги Никифоров articulated:

> I'm using Claws mail 3.8.1 on Windows 7 and everything was working
> fine. However I installed McAfee 8.8 and I stopped being able to send
> email. I guess McAfee is blocking the SMTP port. Does anyone know how
> I can put an exception, so that I can send email from claws mail?
>
> I have to accounts - one is a gmail account and using SMTP port 465
> and another account which uses SMTP port 587.

Please don't use HTML mail in a mail forum. It makes replying to a
message harder than it has to be. Both GMail & Hotmail offer "plain
text" options.

Second, you need to list the version of McAfee you are using. Also, any
pertinent log entries.

Your question appears to have been answered on the McAfee community
help forum. Please check this out:

https://community.mcafee.com/community/home/

McAfee offers free support for a limited time period. I would strongly
recommend that you take advantage of it since that is where you problem
originates from and not claws-mail.

By the way, do not use port 465. GMail works just fine with port 25 or
587.

--
Jerry ♔