[Users] The Windows port.

Mark Filipak markfilipak.linux at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 19:42:36 CEST 2013

On 2013/4/7 1:09 PM, Paul wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Apr 2013 18:43:10 +0200
> Colin Leroy <colin at colino.net> wrote:
>> I think I can speak for the whole team when I say that we're all
>> past age of hating Microsoft because it's fashionable. Our
>> "Micro$oft $ucks" days are well past us.
>
> I don't know about anyone else but my views on microsoft were never
> influenced by fashion. Yes, Micro$oft $ucks, but endlessly repeating
> that doesn't get anywhere, clearly!

Well, I think Micro$oft $uck$, not because of the '$', but because, though a bug in RPC (remote procedure call) processing can expose a computer system to mayhem from the outside, Microsoft's misuse of the call gate structure inside the Intel 80386 core to create Active-X, 1, goes far beyond RPC, 2, was intentional (not a bug), and 3, has lead to rootkit viruses. In my opinion, it bordered on criminal behavior and has jeopardized United States national security. I would not use a Microsoft product for anything that connects to a public network.
--
VMware Player 5.0.2
Host: WinXP3, 32-bit