[Users] Move #mh to shared folder.

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Sun Apr 7 19:35:09 CEST 2013

On Sun, 07 Apr 2013 13:10:34 -0400
Mark Filipak <markfilipak.linux at gmail.com> wrote:

> "Inbox" is the name of a mailbox, is it not?

No. Inbox is a folder in a mailbox.

> "Sent" is name of a folder, not a mailbox, correct?

Yes.

> If I create a filter that routes mail to "Joe", then Joe is a
> mailbox named "Joe", is that not correct?

If 'routes' means 'moves' then, no, 'Joe' is a folder in a mailbox.

> Those are Claws processes. Accounts are what people have on mail
> and news servers, or am I wrong?

People also have accounts at banks, accounts on websites, accounts
with utility companies, accounts in claws-mail, and other sorts of
accounts, including mail and news servers.

> > That's actually pretty consistent to what the terms mean in other
> > applications as well. It's just that some push the user to have a
> > 1:1 association between accounts and mailboxes, and thus can use
> > the terms interchangably.
>
> I must be misreading what you write. It seems to me that you are
> using the terms interchangeably.

iirc, some mail apps will always create a mailbox when a user creates
an account. I believe that is the reference here.

with regards

Paul

--
It isn't worth a nickel to two guys like you or me,
but to a collector it is worth a fortune