[Users] Faulty? message display

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Fri Sep 28 10:43:52 CEST 2012

  Hi Owen,

  https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2562776?start=0&tstart=0  ???

> Anyway, here is my problem.
>

> Claws does not seem to be able to correctly display emails.

  Open a bug report and attach the mail file, removing sensitive information
  first if needed, of course. Don't forget to say which HTML plugin are you
  using too, if any.

> Mon                 29
> <x-apple-data-detectors://21>th<x-apple-data-detectors://21>
> *        Oct*                    North               We have some
> vacancies for anyone interested.  ???
>
> Tuesday              6
> <x-apple-data-detectors://10>th<x-apple-data-detectors://10>
> Nov. <x-apple-data-detectors://10>                South
>

> The header suggests it comes from a Windows program

> A friend with Thunderbird says they read correctly in that program

  Don't forget to attach the bug an screenshot of that correct rendering,
  please. If possible also attach the screenshot of the original expected
  rendering.

> Are there any suggestions as to what I may have missing or need to do
> to remove the xml

  Unless a proper namespace is attached that's not even XML. Anyway, without
  seeing the mail neither how it should be rendered there's not much it can
  be done or said.

  Nevertheless, note that Claws Mail never claimed to be able to render
  arbitrary XML, just HTML (which those tags are not).

  regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~