[Users] Background colour of message view window

wwp subscript at free.fr
Mon Sep 17 15:22:14 CEST 2012

Hello Marco,

On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 15:11:27 +0200 Marco <netuse at lavabit.com> wrote:

> 2012-09-17 wwp <subscript at free.fr>:
>
> Hi wwp
>
> > > is it possible to change the background colour of the message view
> > > window?
> >
> > I'm not sure it's possible to change only the message view background
> > color (can't remember, too lazy to check), but such color changes
> > happend by modifying the GTK+-2 theme, either at desktop-level or in
> > ~/.claws-mail/gtkrc-2.0
>
> This file is not present on my system. I assume that I have to
> create it. I googled a bit for the syntax of this file, but I have
> no clue what to do to get the message view window background in, say
> light gray.

This topic comes here from time to time..

Yeah, there are system-wide GTK themes, there's a user desktop-wide
(when you run GNOME), then you can have one per gtk+ application
(usually).

Unfortunately, there's no user-friendly program to create or edit such
file intuitively. Few docs only, the GTK+ ones, google won't help much
there unless you know what you're looking for and find few samples.

Attached is my gtkrc file - dark background, now I wish you good luck
and perseverance, it caused my headaches.

Regards,

--
wwp