[Users] Compiling gtkhtml2_viewer on OS X 10.7

ratinox at gweep.net ratinox at gweep.net
Tue Sep 11 21:14:13 CEST 2012

Compiled but won't load. I get an error "Symbol not found: _D_". Just
one more way that Macintosh has been getting worse rather than better.
Getting Claws Mail working on it has been a pain.

Fink is the documented build framework but more than a few Fink packages
are very outdated and building plugins against Fink is proving
troublesome. Also, Dillo doesn't build at all against Fink on 10.7 so
that options is out.

Claws Mail exists in MacPorts and builds cleanly but it doesn't work
with Microsoft's Exchange IMAP connector due to recent changes in how
OpenSSL handles cipher negotiation. At least not the Exchange that I'm
on. It's a libetpan dependency (I believe). libetpan compiled from
MacPorts uses the MacPorts version of OpenSSL (v1.0.1c); compiled
against Fink per the Wiki uses the system version (v0.9.8).

I haven't tried building any plugins against MacPorts.

I'm going to keep poking at this, try to get everything working with or
or the other of the two package systems. For now, I have Claws Mail
compiled with Fink and Dillo from MacPorts for html rendering.

--