[Users] Default state of Move dialog

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Wed Sep 5 00:48:56 CEST 2012

On Tue, 4 Sep 2012 23:39:02 +0200, Holger Berndt said:
> On Di, 04.09.2012 16:26, Steve Litt wrote:
>
> >Right now, the Move dialog defaults to having all nodes open all the
> >way down the tree. This is slow and confusing, and I see absolutely
> >no benefit to displaying the full tree.
>
> It's very useful if you know the folder name youre looking for. Then
> you can just start typing, possibly using arrow-down to jump to the
> next match.
>
> Holger

Thanks Holger,

That's a good tip and I'll use it. I'd still like a way of having the
whole thing come up collapsed so I could drill down without trying to
remember the folder name -- sometimes you remember where it is in the
hierarchy rather than its exact name. I was about to say there's no
reason your trick wouldn't work on a collapsed list, but then I
manually collapsed a list and it wouldn't read nodes in a collapsed
branch.

At this point I'd settle for a collapse branch (which we already have
in the minus sign), a completely expand branch, and a expand next level
in branch. That would allow both methods of looking for a folder, and
would change nothing for those enjoying the current default of opening
everything.

Thanks

SteveT

                          *  http://twitter.com/stevelitt