[Users] CM starts offline with nm 0.9.4.1

Holger Berndt berndth at gmx.de
Tue Oct 16 08:58:29 CEST 2012

On Di, 16.10.2012 01:44, Michael Rasmussen wrote:

>> Claws Mail assumes to be online when the returned number is one of
>> the CONNECTED states, or UNKNOWN.
>>
>On my machine the (translated) return code gives: NM_STATE_DISCONNECTED
>
>But this is somehow misleading given the fact that I don't us
>NetworkManager since my network configuration is done
>in /etc/network/interfaces in which case NetworkManager does not
>contain any configured connections and therefore returning a state of
>disconnected.Any way the user is able to disable using NetworkManager?

There's both, a compile-time and a runtime switch (use_networkmanager).

But I would consider such a system broken, with the runtime switch being
a clumsy workaround. If you don't use network manager, you shouldn't
have it around spreading false information. Claws Mail might not be the
only application using its information.

Holger