[Users] installation error: mailbox incomplete

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Thu Nov 29 00:36:06 CET 2012

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 15:28:30 -0600
Charles Blair <c-blair at illinois.edu> wrote:

>    I am trying to install claws-mail version 3.8.1
> on a debian linux system.  I had previously been
> using version 3.7.6 on another machine.
>
>    When I start claws-mail I get the message
>
> "... detected a configured mailbox, but it is
> incomplete.  It is possibly due to a failing
> IMAP account.  Use `Rebuild folder tree...' "
> [I do use imap to receive mail.]
>
>    When I click on the top folder (the only one
> displayed on the left side of the screen), I
> see choices including "Rebuild folder tree".
> When I select that, it asks if I want to
> continue.  I click "Yes" but nothing happens.

  What says the network log when you do this?
  (It's on Tools menu, Network log)

>      I am using the same installation information
> as on the older machine.
>
>     I have tried deleting and reinstalling
> claws-mail.  When I run it the first time, the
> warnings
>
>    failed to open /usr/etc/skel/.claws-mail
>
>    /root/.claws-mail/clawsrc:  fopen: No such file
>
> are displayed, but then "Welcome to Claws Mail"
> appears.

  If you can, I'd try to remove your ~/.claws-mail directory contents
  and reconfigure from scratch. You can simply rename it, just in case
  you need some of the configuration values later.

  I share daily configuration between 3.7.6 and latest CVS and never
  seen that, so my suspect is that corruption of the files may have
  happened at some point.
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~