[Users] cvs14 build fails...

ratinox at gweep.net ratinox at gweep.net
Tue Nov 20 18:22:20 CET 2012

On Tue, 20 Nov 2012 11:49:16 -0500
Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:

> That didn't help...  cleaned; but same errors...  :(
>
> Been compiling for years and never had a make clean in my process;
> though that might explain why on rare occasions I just checkout a
> fresh tree, like I just did...  :)

Then you've been lucky. If you don't make clean and don't re-run the
configure script then who knows what kinds of brokenness you'll
encounter. This isn't just Claws. It's every complex application (if
you want to experience horror, try X.Org's "make world" without
cleaning first).

> *** The config script /usr/bin/libgcrypt-config was
> *** built for x86_64-mageia-linux-gnu and thus may not match the
> *** used host x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.

This means that the host that the library was compiled on identified
itself as "x86_64-mageia-linux-gnu" while your build host identifies
itself as "x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu". It's not a bug; it's a warning
that your system does not match the Mageia maintainers' systems.

> /usr/bin/ld: printing.o: undefined reference to symbol
> 'floor@@GLIBC_2.2.5' /usr/bin/ld: note: 'floor@@GLIBC_2.2.5' is
> defined in DSO /lib64/libm.so.6 so try adding it to the linker command
> line /lib64/libm.so.6: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make[3]: *** [claws-contacts]
> Error 1 make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2

Do you have the 64-bit libm installed? There should be
a /lib64/libm.so.6 on your file system. Check that and make sure the
link points to the correct file.

As for the maildir plugin, gnutls isn't relevant. It's the inability to
find pluginconfig.h in plugin.c. You need to finish compiling and
installing CM before you can build any plugins against it. That's my
guess.

--