[Users] SSMPT: SSL Handshake problem

Thomas thomas.schnuck at freenet.de
Sun Nov 18 17:06:01 CET 2012

Markus Hrywniak <markus.hry <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Am Fri, 5 Oct 2012 19:22:01 +0200
> schrieb Colin Leroy <colin <at> colino.net>:
>
> > On 05 October 2012 at 18h47, Markus Hrywniak wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > > I seem to have overlooked that the Windows port (which I'm using) is
> > > one version number behind the Linux version. Trying it with the most
> > > recent build in my VM worked, guess I now have to figure out how to
> > > build it myself on Windows or contact those guys from GPG4Win.
> >
> > The latest version for Windows is 3.8.1... And it does support SSL,
> > Abhay :)
> >

> Yes, I got around to trying it again and now everything works just
> peachy with 3.8.1. Seems like my uni's mailserver is a bit picky
> about its handshakes.
> Thanks to all of you!

Dear Markus,

would you please tell me how exactly you got it running?
I had a similar problem about a year ago with 3.8.0 (?) on Win7 while I did not
have any problem with versions before on another computer and also 3.7.9 worked
fine on the other one. Yesterday I decided to update to 3.9.0 and the same
problem again. After installing 3.8.0 from latest GPG4win beta I can receive
mails via IMAP but cannot send or even connect to the rwth server.

Best regards,
Thomas