[Users] Windows installation, can't define install path.

info at endeavor-networks.com info at endeavor-networks.com
Sat Nov 17 01:56:53 CET 2012

Have previously installed Gpg4win 2.1.0 and Enigmail for use with
Thunderbird on a Windows XP system. During the Gpg4win installation, I
chose to install Claws Mail as well, which resulted in Claws Mail
residing at the following path: E:\Program Files\GNU\GnuPG\

Note: The applications were intentionally installed on the E: drive.

I downloaded claws-mail-3.9.0-pkg19.exe from
http://www.claws-mail.org/win32/ with the intent of upgrading the
current installation.

I found and read Colin's message titled "Claws Mail's Windows installer
moving away from GPG4Win".

I'm not a programmer, or Linux user, have no experience with software
builds, and can only relate to some of the content of his message.

It appears that he doesn't want me to install over the existing
installation, but allow a fresh installation with Claws Mail using GPG
files included in the install package.

I can accept that, as long as I still have control over where the
application is installed.

However, the installer (claws-mail-3.9.0-pkg19.exe) doesn't offer an
opportunity to define the install path, and defaults to the following:
C:\Program Files\GNU\Claws Mail

I tried initiating the installation from the command line, but it didn't
seem to accept any command arguments etc.

I wish to install to the E: drive. How can I achieve this?