[Users] Claws Mail Extra Plugins 3.9.0 unleashed!!

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Fri Nov 16 01:02:23 CET 2012

On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 21:11:43 +0100
Holger Berndt articulated:

> On Do, 15.11.2012 12:20, Colin Leroy wrote:
>
> >As none of the developers have the correct versions of the libs
> >needed by that plugin, its build was untested until your build :)
>
> It's ridiculous that it's so hard to build a project with a dependency
> that's about 1.5 years old - even with all components being open
> source! It's a joke. What a toy system. No wonder desktop linux is
> such a failure. As I professional, I would run away as fast as I
> could, too (of course only after doing some finger-pointing and
> having a good laugh). </rant>

I use FreeBSD. At times you are lucky if the required components are
less that 2 years old or even available. It is a disgrace. They bump the
version numbers of the OS while leaving the components years behind. I
finally gave up complaining about it. I haven't got that much hair left
and I don't want to end up pulling it out over that crap.

--
Jerry ♔