[Users] Claws Mail Extra Plugins 3.9.0 unleashed!!

ratinox at gweep.net ratinox at gweep.net
Thu Nov 15 22:41:25 CET 2012

On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 16:18:53 -0500
Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> wrote:

> Before you go off on a guy who has been helping people on this list
> for a long time, let me ask you -- have you ever looked at Claws-Mail
> code? It's not simple, and it's not something that can easily be made

Yes, I have. I've lately been fiddling with the regex code that was
disabled a while back due to bugs in the mingwin32 libraries.

I've also looked into several build issues on Windows and OS X and
I've submitted patches for fixing some of them on OS X.

I've also identified the cause of a runtime conflict between OpenSSL
1.0 and Microsoft Exchange and posted several ways to work around it.

> But no way am I a good enough coder, nor do I have the time.

You aren't ranting about how bad that code is, and you're not making
claims that you'd laugh at it and run away if you did have the ability
and time. What Holger did is insulting. It is a gigantic slap in the
faces of the people who maintain this code and the people who
contribute to improving it.

--