[Users] (Workaround): Recursive searching on more than headers

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Nov 13 14:43:31 CET 2012

Hi all,

If you remember I wanted message search (not quicksearch that just
searches the headers, but the one that can also search the body) to
enable recursion. Unfortunately it doesn't have such capability. I
looked at the source code, and because of the intermixing of algorithm
and user interface, simply sticking the search in a loop would have
been a mess. AFAIK, nobody else has put in recursion anyway.

As luck would have it, I store my messages on an IMAP server. So
yesterday, when I absolutely, positively had to search my entire
account for a vital email, I performed the search with Thunderbird.
Thunderbird has an excellent recursive search.

So, for the time being, the workaround for recursive full search in
Claws-Mail is to do it in Thunderbird, always assuming your messages
are stored in IMAP.

Thanks

SteveT

                          *  http://twitter.com/stevelitt