[Users] Troubles with claws-mail 3.8 upgrade

Thomas C. Hicks paradox at pobox.com
Tue May 29 02:35:15 CEST 2012

> > What are your account's SSL settings, and what does the Network Log
> > say when you try to receive?
> >
> > with regards
> >
> > Paul
> >

> The network log says:
>
> *** SSL handshake failed
> *** Connection failed.
>
> Whenever I try to connect to an encrypted server.
>
> On the SSL tab of my configuration settings I have the "Use SSL for
> POP3 connection" button checked.  Under the SMTP section I have "Use
> SSL for SMTP connection" checked.  I have tried it with the "Use
> non-blocking SSL connection" both on and off and get the same result.
>
> On the Advanced tab I have the POP3 set to 995.  I have checked with
> my company IT department to verify that this is the correct port for
> our POP3 traffic.  For SMTP I have the port set at 2525, again having
> verified it with our IT department.

This continues to be perplexing.  I have tried to reinstall Claws in
Xubuntu using a fresh .claws-mail directory, no go.  I have even loaded
up a live CD (in a virtual machine) of Archbang and installed claws
from the arch repos, still the same error appears when I try to connect
to a secured mail server.  Has no one else ever had (and solved) this
problem?

thomas