[Users] Troubles with claws-mail 3.8 upgrade :p: :p:

Holger Berndt berndth at gmx.de
Wed May 23 21:41:38 CEST 2012

On Mo, 21.05.2012 05:33, Thomas C. Hicks wrote:

>> >when I open claws-mail with the --debug option I get the following
>> >error:
>> >
>> >xdg-open: unexpected argument ''
>> >Try 'xdg-open --help' for more information.
>> >
>> >Where can I go to fix that?
>>
>> Can it be that your $HOME environment variable is set to be empty?
>> That would explain also other kinds of weird behaviour.
>>
>My $HOME variable is set to /home/tom - just what it has always been.
>Speaking of other weird behavior, my hotkeys keep getting rewritten to
>defaults rather than remembering changes I have made.

That's pretty weird. Are you sure Claws Mail is actually seeing that
$HOME? You can check from inside Claws Mail with the Python plugin via
Tools -> Show Python console, and then in the interactive console

import os; print os.environ["HOME"]

Looking at the code, I don't see another reason for xdg-open to fail in
that way.

Holger