[Users] Corrupted subjects and dates in email list

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue May 22 12:02:35 CEST 2012

Hi all,

Very rarely, and very intermittently, I have situations where the email
information for an email in the mail list doesn't match the info in the
email itself. Specifically, the subject and date are wrong in the list
and right in the email itself (I can tell this by context).

It's intermittent, so of necessity my symptom description must be
vague. It seems that rebuilding the folder tree for the account appears
to somewhat fix the problem, although it also tends to delete the
mismatched emails.

I have Claws 3.7.9 running on Ubuntu 11.10 64 bit with a dual core and
4GB of RAM. Claws gets its email via IMAP from a Dovecot server on the
same Ubuntu 11.10 box, with the Dovecot server receiving its email into
a folder tree from procmail, which is fed by Fetchmail, which pulls
from my ISP.

I'm not yet sure whether it's a Claws problem or a Dovecot problem.
Today when it occurred for the second time in as many months, I fired
up Thunderbird to explore Dovecot without Claws, but during that time
the mismatched emails either got deleted or got cured. Next time it
happens I'll try very hard to capture the bad emails (maybe print them
to paper) before looking at Dovecot through Thunderbird.

Does this sound like anything other people have experienced?

Thanks

SteveT