[Users] Why can't I use d as a hotkey

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sun May 20 01:05:37 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I'm using Claws 3.7.9, after just upgrading from Ubuntu 11.04 + Gnome 2
to Ubuntu 11.10 + Xfce. Before, I had been using the keystroke d as the
hotkey to move to trash, and I really liked it that way. Now I can no
longer use d. I can use x, or pretty much any other unused keystroke,
as a hotkey for "move to trash", but when I hover the "move to trash"
selection on the menu, and press the d key, instead of recording the
keystroke it acts like I pressed Enter and just goes ahead and
terminates the menu, and then moves the item to the trash. It does this
if I hover the "reply" menu selection also. It's as if, somewhere deep
in the system, there's still some sort of a link from the d key to
"move to trash", but it's not available on the menu. If I press the d
key without hovering a menu, nothing happens.

I looked throughout the menu hierarchy and see no item with d as a
hotkey. I used a file manager to view all the likely candidates in
$HOME/.claws-mail but could find no file storing hotkeys.

What would be my next step in figuring out how to assign d to "move to
trash?"

Thanks

SteveT