[Users] Cannot send mails

Knud Nolting nolting at live.de
Fri May 18 16:40:31 CEST 2012

Hello everybody out there,

The following problem is not to solve until now:

I want to use my hotmail-account in Claws Mail: It is like myname at live.de.
hotmail told me to use the following servers:
POP3-Server: pop3.live.com (Port 995)
SMTP Server: smtp.live.com (Port 25)
they also told me to use:
SSL for POP3 and SMTP
SMTP- Authentification
I can get mails but I can not send messages,after about 50 seconds I get the message,that the time for the session is over and the message is not send.
I have installed Claws Mail 3.7.9, as OS Lubuntu 11.10
I had Sylpheed before, had the same problems with sylpheed.That´s why I changed to Claws. But with the same result.( until now I did not post the problem to the sylpheed-mail-list.)
I posted to the Ubuntu-Forums,but they don´t know how to help me.

So, I hope that I can get help here.
I´m new to Linux, not very much experience with computers,until now I worked with windows as OS.

Best greatings from Germany,
Knud Nolting