[Users] Extra plugins: how? [was: Re: ARGH! CM ignores offline mode]

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Sat May 12 22:30:38 CEST 2012

On Sat, 12 May 2012 20:06:15 +0200 Andrej Kacian wrote:

>Oh, I'm not sure about Dillo, I didn't know this plugin was even still
>alive. :) Fancy HTML plugin certainly has that option, and it works.

Oh-Oh!  attachwarner and fancy plugins are not in the CM base,  and
I've never needed to build the extra plugins previously....  I don't see
any instructions on the website.

Is there a hidden build procedure somewhere that I haven't found?  The
instructions at http://claws-mail.org/cvs.php?section=projects seem
incomplete, and the FAQ mentions building on a Mac; but still don't see
the magic incantation for building the extra plugins...

Forgive me while I wipe my brain to noob-state and carefully follow the
instructions I've found...  Tried a fresh install like this:

cd /usr/local/src
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at claws-mail.org:/ co -r gtk2 claws
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at claws-mail.org:/ co contacts
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at claws-mail.org:/ co -r gtk2 plugins
cd claws
./autogen.sh
>claws-mail 3.8.0cvs40
>
>Using Address Book : Old stable interface
>JPilot             : no
>LDAP               : yes
>gnuTLS             : yes
>iconv              : yes
>compface           : no
>IPv6               : yes
>enchant            : yes
>IMAP4              : yes
>NNTP               : yes
>Crash dialog       : no
>LibSM              : yes
>DBUS               : yes
>NetworkManager     : no
>Manual             : no
>Plugins            : dillo-viewer smime pgpinline pgpmime pgpcore
>bogofilter spamassassin trayicon Generic UMPC code  : no
>Maemo  build       : no
>Config dir         : .claws-mail
>
>The binary will be installed in /usr/local/bin

make
## Lots of warnings:
##   addressbook.c & addrselect.c:
##     warning: comparison between ‘*Type’ and ‘enum <anonymous>’
##   editldap.c & spamassassin_gtk.c:
##     warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type

make install
## basic CM works... so far, so good...

cd ../contacts
./autogen.sh
>claws-contacts 0.6.0cvs84
>
>    Configuration:
>
>        Source code:  .
>        Compiler:  gcc 4.5.2
>        CFLAGS:    -g -Wall -O -O2 -Wno-unused-variable
> -Wno-uninitialized Extension dir:
>        Plugins:   ldap xml
>        Plugin dir:   /usr/local/lib/claws-contacts/plugins
> Extension dir: /usr/local/lib/claws-contacts/extensions
>        Debug mode:   FALSE
>        DBus client:  no

make
>vcc.y:93:0: warning: "YYPREFIX" redefined
>vcc.c:18:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
>vcc.y:1275:17: error: redefinition of typedef 'MimeErrorHandler'
>vobject.h:365:17: note: previous declaration of 'MimeErrorHandler' was
>here
>make[2]: *** [vcc.lo] Error 1
>make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/usrlocal/src/contacts/libversit'
>make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/usrlocal/src/contacts'
>make: *** [all] Error 2

## Since I couldn't find instructions for plugins, tried:
cd ../plugins
export cwd=`pwd`
for d in `ls`; \
  do [ -r $d/autogen.sh ] && \
    cd $d && \
    echo && \
    echo "========> CWD: `pwd`" && \
    ./autogen.sh && \
    make; \
    cd $cwd; \
  done

## All return:
>No package 'claws-mail' found
## See attached console output for other errors encountered...

Can't easily find what PKG_CONFIG_PATH, CLAWS_MAIL_FLAGS and
CLAWS_MAIL_LIBS should be set to and pkg-config is not very helpful to
this old brain.

After all this, tried:

cp -af /usr/local/src/plugins/* /usr/local/src/claws/src/plugins

but, still no joy...  :(

Anyone got a clue-stick to whack me with?  Based on Andrej's comment,
should the plugins be cleaned out and merged?

Thanks,
Pierre