[Users] I can't find an override for a double dash

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 20:22:51 CEST 2012

Hey there,

Jerry wrote:
> Little Girl articulated:

> > echo  "hello world" | rev

> > (:

> Thanks Little Girl. I had not thought of that idea before.
> Honestly, I had never used the "rev" command before.

Any time. It wasn't until I had already sent it, though, that I saw
Salvatore De Paolis' reply to this thread:

http://lists.claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2012-March/001989.html

It has an even cooler way of doing it by using a here string instead
of echo and a pipe:

rev <<< "hello world"

> .erofeb dnammoc ver eht desu reven dah I ,yltsenoH .erofeb aedi
> taht fo thguoht ton dah I .lriG elttiL sknahT

> That works great. Now I can have some fun with those friggin Top
> Posters.

:( .meht ot od uoy revetahw evresed ll'yehT

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.